Friday, February 21, 2014

All Work And No Play...

Gratuitous Pet Picture



Bored dog is ...bored.

----------

I told you yesterday he was on a tear...he's obsessed with moisture now.



He looked up tips yesterday...one being crack the vents at night. WORKED! No condensation on the windows this morning. But we had to run the heat all night because the temperature had dropped. 

----------

Thursday:

We spent all morning applying for jobs and gathering info on employment agencies here. We've decided every morning will be spent job-hunting. So now we're ready for "play"...specifically, a trip to the Cinebarre to see The Monuments Men.

Arghhhhh! I hated Monuments Men! Sentimental schmaltz!!!! Someone out there tell me the book does not read like the script from a Hogan's Heroes episode/Indiana Jones movie. I think the attempts at humor took away from the dignity of their task. 2 hours of my life gone...gone...gone!

But fortunately we found a Lebanese fast food place beforehand so I didn't have to endure it on an empty stomach...I had the Mama Ghanouj. Stuffed grape leaf, falafel, baba ganouj, hummus, and salad. Hummus was creamy and garlicky! Baba ghanouj was a tad bit underseasoned but still good. Yummy grape leaf and falafel.  Derron had a chicken kebob. Not bad for fast food.


Later in the evening I went to the monthly Marion County Democrats Central Committee meeting in downtown Salem. Nice bunch of people...smart on the issues. A representative from Ceasefire Oregon spoke about current legislation. The governor's Communications Director was there too and had a lot to add to the conversation.

I made some contacts and will probably get involved in some way. They seem to need the most help with communications and social media. They have no Twitter account...yeegads!

Friday:

We woke up to sunshine this morning so we decided to find a dog park and let the dogs run for a while. We found one in Keizer, just a short drive away. But the address of the park and our GPS didn't mix, so we had to pull out maps and find it the old fashioned way. 4 acres of grassy area...the dogs were so happy. They ran and played until their tongues dragged the ground. And then they rolled over and over in the dirt. It's ok...they're dogs, what else would they do?

They're sleeping soundly now!


This morning, I applied for a job with Cover Oregon, the Oregon implementation program for the Affordable Care Act. We'll see what happens. I figure (1) it keeps my resume current, (2) gets me out of the RV, and (3) allows me to do some more networking.

I think we'll take it easy the rest of the day...maybe walk down to the gym and do something for 30 mins or so.  Then watch a movie on Netflix. The dogs will be down for a while...so no worries there.

No comments:

Post a Comment